Swim Lessons focus on building skills one step at a time. By giving children the opportunity to master one skill before moving on to the next, they are able to gain confidence in the water. During swim lessons, children spend time on the six levels detailed below.
- Swim Evaluations will be held on Tuesday, June 18th & Wednesday, June 19th from 1 to 3 pm. Evaluations take approximately 5 mins; please drop in whenever is convenient for you during the 2-hour timeframe.
- Parent Information Meeting for swim lessons and swim team will be held on Thursday, June 20th at 5:30 pm. All parents are encouraged and welcome to attend this meeting.
- Swim Lessons will begin on Monday, June 24th and will run for approximately six weeks through Thursday, August 1st.
*No swim lessons on Thursday, July 4th.
LESSON LEVELS & TIMES:
Swim Lessons run Monday through Thursday each week.
Level 1: 10:30 - 11:00
- Level 1: Introduction to Water Skills
- Students will learn how to feel comfortable in the water and safely enjoy it.
Level 2: 10:30 - 11:00
- Level 2: Fundamentals of Aquatic Skills
- Children will learn basic swimming skills.
Level 3: 11:00 - 11:30
- Level 3: Stroke Development
- Additional guided practice will help students improve their skills.
Level 4: 11:00 - 11:30
- Level 4: Stroke Improvement
- Kids will gain confidence during swim lessons, improve their stroke, and gain additional aquatic skills.
Level 5: 11:35 - 12:05
- Level 5: Stroke Refinement
- Guidance allows kids to refine their strokes and become more efficient swimmers.
Level 6: 11:35 - 12:05
- Level 6: Swimming and Skill Proficiency
- Students will learn to swim with ease and efficiency, and gain the ability to swim smoothly over greater distances. Swimmers will also have the option to participate in more advanced courses.
Guard Start: 11:30 - 12
- Guard Start
- Designed for proficient tween/teen swimmers, it helps build a foundation of knowledge, attitudes, and skills for future lifeguards.
If you have any questions about your child taking part in Swim Lessons, please contact our Head Coach.
AUGUST SWIM LESSONS FOR KIDS!
- Monday & Wednesday Mornings: 10:30 - 12:30
- August 5th & 7th AND August 12th & 14th